[WIP] Hope Racetrack v0.5

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Luchian, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Luchian

Luchian Administrator Staff Member Concurent RLR

Read the RELEASE NOTES
    for up-to-date details :).

******original posts******

Anyone knew Hope Racetrack in rFactor 1 ? One of the best looking tracks on that engine, if you ask me; made by the hands of @lemax (Miseluk, anyone ?), who was kind enough to allow us the conversion towards Assetto Corsa. Currently, work is in progress, hope(ing) :p to get a drivable version by the end of this week. Well, actually the track is drivable for quite some time now, but the idea would be to iron out the main problems before first release. I'm sure there will be lots after anyways :D.

Few shots, to get you an idea of what to expect (AC editor shots, except for 1st one):
    View attachment h_wip_01.jpg
    View attachment h_wip_04.jpg
    See you soon :)

LE: Soon was suuuch a relative term !

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. jarodyi

jarodyi Guest

lol,nice job guy:D
    how u adjust the track high and low with road left and right?
    I adjust them by line,but sometimes I got outside higher than inside of the corner,it 's boring me:)

3. Luchian

:). This is just a conversion; the only mesh adjustments I did/do are some road smoothing were too harsh, and complete collision meshes.

4. Luchian

Defining the collision wall. Come to think about it, working on a conversion is not that much faster than doing a track from scratch :). Still, this track deserves to be light up under the AC sun.

View attachment h_wip_05.png

5. Luchian

[justify]Collision wall is finished. Before a first release, I still need to smooth out some road areas (which worked ok in rF, but not in AC). Meanwhile, I'll leave you with another image from the editor :).

View attachment h_wip_05.jpg [/justify]

1 person likes this.
  6. Luchian

7. Luchian

[justify]You might be wondering how this is going.. or maybe not, but just in case :D.

I was actually ready for release with version 0.5 and before uploading it, thought I should try it on maximum settings as well, and see how it looks. Strangely, this creates some bizarre transparency issue affecting the less-leavey type of trees on Hope. Add to that the fact that AC does not support double-sided materials and you're all set. To put the release on hold until I figure what to do :).
    First action is to try reducing this effect with some improved (still temporary) tree textures. The plan is to redo all vegetation until version 1.0 anyway, but maybe this solution could do it for the moment. I should be posting a short video in the following days to hear your impressions.

View attachment h_wip_10.jpg [/justify]

8. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Guest

hey, forgot to mention to you to check tyre stacks Luchain. some need colliders. cant remember where, but ive been through some tyre walls after coming off track.

9. Luchian

Hmm.. a screenshot would really help.. I actually paid special attention to collision wall, since I redone it all manually.

10. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Guest

under the LFS billboard at the first real turn. (well it was an LFS billboard at the time)

[​IMG]

and this tree

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Luchian

I confirm. And they were fixed. Thank you for the feedback :)

12. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Guest

cool beans!

13. Luchian

Maybe time to revive this old thread a bit.. Stay close :)

14. Luchian

luchian submitted a new resource:

[WIP] Hope Racetrack - Original track for rF by lemax, conversion by luchian for AC(M) :)

Anyone knew Hope Racetrack in rFactor 1 ? One of the best looking tracks on that engine, if you ask me; made by the hands of @lemax (Miseluk, anyone ?), who was kind enough to allow us the conversion towards Assetto Corsa.

This is a side project, so progress is completely non-linear, however lots of hours were put in (and will be) in order to bring the track as close as possible to...

Read more about this resource...

15. Luchian

1 person likes this.
  16. Jebus

Jebus Guest

Hi!

I've been ment to ask, is there any plans to work any further with this track? I love the layout and it looks ok already but some more love never hurts. :)

17. Luchian

Hi
    In a modder's mind plans are always there [emoji14]. Just going through some changes irl, so not much time to work on this. (..I should actually say no time at all, no matter the project).
    Not giving up though, it's an activity I enjoy :).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.